Vikings Sweep Dorman
- Updated: December 2, 2016
For the 3rd straight season, the Spartanburg Vikings have reached the Semi Finals as Spartanburg defeated the Dorman Cavaliers 45-21. The Vikings beat Dorman for the second time this season, the previous time was a 41-21 win at Cavalier Stadium.
This year, the 5A bracket has a true Upper State Championship and the Vikings will travel to Boiling Springs Friday Night. These two teams met back on October 21st when the Bulldogs defeated Spartanburg 24-21 in overtime.
The Vikings were led by Senior QB William Yex, who had 4 total TDs including 2 TD runs. Senior DE Ayele Jeter had 8 tackles, including 4 TFL and 1.5 sacks.
Below are some notes from the Vikings second win this season over the Dorman Cavaliers:
- Chris Miller is such an amazing coach. He and his staff are so prepared and make so many correct calls throughout the game. They had another great night against the Cavaliers.
- Miller told me this past week he wanted his guys to play with a lot of passion and boy did they. The Vikings went up 14-0 and were led by a very fired up William Yex. He ran the ball better than he has all year.
- Damyjai Foster…he’s so good. I want him to get the ball more.
- Tommy Washington is so solid. He is the toughest player to bring down that I’ve seen in years. He dragged some Dorman players for 15 yards on one play down to the 3. He is a matchup nightmare for opposing teams.
- The Vikings played with the most passion I’ve seen all year. I loved it.
- Satorian Mobley is an unsung hero of the defense. He makes so many great plays and had another great night.
- Ayele Jeter had a fantastic night. He never let Fowler get comfortable.
- The Viking OL had an excellent night. Yex had time to throw and there were some good running lanes.
- Will Lawson places his kickoffs perfectly and had an amazing night doing so again. Perfect on extra points and knocked through a 28 yard FG. Great Great night.
- Reggie Anderson had a very solid night. He’s asked to play a couple of different positions and makes an impact at each spot.